Friday 4 April 2008

Motivation

I went to the gym for the first time in my life and even treated myself to a personal trainer. Need one, I can tell you! 

We were talking whilst working out (I'm not that unfit) and the topic of what I do came up. Lewis was really interested and said, 'It must give you a great pleasure helping people who have drug and alcohol problems.' I agreed that it did give me great pleasure, but I also pointed out that it could also be very frustrating - caused more by the system than those who need help!
We also discussed about the commonalities between my work and my new play (gym). Motivation is key to overcoming addiction - and motivation is key to me losing some weight and 'toning up'. And improving my mental capacity to work on Wired In matters. I'm sure we're going to be telling each other a lot about motivation. 

No comments: